Domain expert mechanical engineering
2017- CFD Expert, Mercedes Benz Research and Development India: Multi-phase/Aerodynamics team, India, 9 months.
Computational Aerodynamics, Soiling and rain simulation of Mercedes Benz cars.
- Develop advance computational models both Eulerian and Lagrangian in StarCCM+ and OpenFOAM to predict the Aerodynamic and soiling behaviour of Mercedes-Benz cars.
- This position demands constant collaboration with different teams, wind-tunnel experiments and mathematical modelling.
2015–2016 Research Engineer, Institut de Mécanique des Fluides de Toulouse (IMFT), Multiphase Group, France, 1 year 5 months. Numerical simulation of turbulent boundary layer with micro-bubbles.
- Achieve drag modulation due to the modification of near-wall structures using microbubbles. Development of in-house CFD code and validation against StarCCM+ and OpenFoam.
- Collaborate with researchers and scientists from Ecole Navale (Brest, France) to validate against their experimental data.
2011–2014 Researcher, IMFT, Toulouse, France, 3 years.
Nonlinear Dynamics, Deterministic Chaos, LES, DNS, Instability and control
- Utilising Dynamical system tools to study high Reynolds number Turbulent flows. Understanding laminar-turbulent transition to develop better flow control strategies.
- Use data driven methods to search patterns in turbulent attracters.
Maintain active collaboration with researchers in United States and United Kingdom.
2011 Research Assistant, Aero-elasticity lab, Bangalore, India, 8 months.
- Fluid-Structure interactions, Vibrations, Aerodynamics. Study aeroelastic response of the airfoil immersed in the fluid
- Unsteady Vortex Panel method is used to model the fluid forces on the airfoil. Flow-induced vibrations risk-assessment for aircraft wings.
PhD. at Institut National Polytechnique de Toulouse (INPT) France
Masters of Engineering at Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
Domain Expert at Mercedes Benz Research and Development Centre India
Research Scientist. at Institut de Mécanique des Fluides de Toulouse (IMFT) France
Research Associate at Aerospace department Indian Institute of Science