I am a Certified Professional Accountant (CPA Canada). I offer a rich blend of financial reporting, finance operations management, strategy, financial controls, risk management and leadership skills gained over 10 years cognate experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, retail, investment and consulting organizations as well as advanced financial and strategy skills studied at reputable educational and professional institutions.
I intend to continue to work in a dynamic organization where I can contribute my professional skills and expertise in financial reporting and finance while developing myself and obtaining career progressions.
Financial Statements Reporting
Budgeting and Forecasting
Strategy Planning and Execution
Audit and Investigation
Governance, Risk and Compliance
Tax Accounting and Management
Financial Statements Analysis
Leadership and Team Management
- MBA with specialism in Strategic Planning, Edinburgh Business School, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Bachelor of Science – Applied Accounting, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Bachelor of Science (Education) – Economics, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ogun State, Nigeria
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP/ REGISTRATION
- Affiliate Member, Institute of Risk Management, United Kingdom
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Canada
- Master Project Manager (MPM), International Project Management Academy
- Fellow Member, Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA), United Kingdom
- Associate Member, Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (ACITN)
- Associate Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ACA)
AWARD AND RECOGNITION
Kaplan Financial London Award for the Highest Scorer for a Full Time International Student in the Advanced Performance Management – ACCA Paper P5 in December 2011
Microsoft Office (Advanced), Oracle E-Business Suite, Sage Accounting Software, Microsoft Dynamics Navision (ERP), and Systems, Applications and Products (SAP)
Health Plus Limited March 2019 till date
Head, Enterprise Risk and Compliance
- Furnished the Board Audit, Risk and Governance committee with information on the effectiveness of the Internal Audit, Risk Management and Internal Control processes within the Company
- Manage the process to track, follow-up, and ultimately close all open audit issues leveraging the Audit Committee
- Oversee Internal Audit’s participation in critical business and technology initiatives and projects ensuring that audit’s perspective is effectively voiced and appropriate controls are designed and implemented on a proactive basis.
- Coordinate the activities of external auditors including how best to leverage the work performed and results produced from Internal Audit’s work.
- Transformed Internal Audit and Risk Management structure and functions.
- Secured Board approval for Internal Audit Chartered and Enterprise Risk Management framework.
- Achieved 21% reduction in shrinkage (stock loss) as a result of implementation of best in class audit exercise and control embedded in processes.
UAC of Nigeria PLC August 2013 – February 2019
Recruited as a Management resource and assigned to various Business Units within the Group. I assumed Senior Management roles at UAC Internal Audit, Portland Paints and Products Nigeria Plc, UAC Foods Limited and lastly at UAC Group Head Office as a direct report to the Group Chief Executive Officer saddled with the responsibility for financial reporting, financial analysis, corporate finance, budgeting, strategy planning and execution, merger and acquisition projects, investor relations and risk management.
Special Assistant to Group Chief Executive Officer (GCEO) March 2018 – February 2019
- Partner with GCEO to deliver responsive and effective leadership on the organization’s priorities and strategic initiatives
- Gather, analyse and interpret operational data, market and customer indices, environmental indices, financial information, industry trends and competitor data for Executive Management to aid effective business planning and investment decisions
- Managed the Investor Relations (IR) desk for the Group, coordinate earnings press release and conference calls
- Delivered robust strategic plan and implementation roadmap for the Company and its subsidiaries through a detailed review of strategic choices, trade-offs, environmental analysis and financial models
- Provide recommendations to Executive Management on Project Financing, Divestment, Merger & Acquisition, Debt Restructuring, JV partners’ relationship and international expansion drive
- Grew Portland Paints PBT by 166% to N184 million through disciplined execution of deeper synergy in Paints segment
- Unlocked value through depot optimization in Logistics segment and grew PBT by 132% to N262 million
Risk & Compliance Manager- Team Lead, October 2015- February 2018
UAC Foods Limited (a Joint Venture of UAC of Nigeria Plc and Tiger Brands of South Africa)
- Developed risk register for the business and set up a risk council consisting of Heads of Departments and key managers to review and update the risk register quarterly
- Defined risk appetite and risk ranking criterial for the business and ensure compliance
- Identified top 10 business risks, and define and monitor Key Risk Indicators (KRI)
- Ensure controls are documented and effective. Periodically test the controls and performed regular review of all processes including Finance, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Inventory Management, Quality Assurance etc
- Performed investigations (including whistleblowing) and make objective recommendations
- Developed regulatory rule book and business continuity plan for UAC Foods Limited
- Proactively managed a potential crisis to Gala brand through implementation of crisis management procedure
Risk & Compliance Manager- Team Lead, March 2014 – September 2015
Portland Paints & Products Nigeria Plc (Subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria Plc)
- Monitored risk exposures through risk register specifically developed for Portland Paints (PPPN) operations
- Developed a risk framework that continuously assess various risks and ensure that business operates within its tolerable risk limit and maximize the opportunities available in the market
- Achieved efficient process flow through process engineering and documentation for all business functions at PPPN
- Performed compliance check on all processes to identify areas of control weakness and make recommendations
- Reviewed financial reports and performance analysis
- Led the implementation of Enterprise Risk Management in PPPN and upgraded the internal audit ratings from poor to satisfactory in less than 1 year.
- Achieved ISO 9001:2008 (QMS) certification for PPPN in 2015 while acting as the Management Representative
Team Lead – Internal Auditor August 2013 – February 2014
Group Internal Audit, UAC of Nigeria Plc
- Performed risk based internal audit review for UACN and its nine subsidiaries
- Identified areas of control weakness or potential loss to the business units and provide recommendations to Management
- Monitor the operating business environment for adequate segregation of duties
- Verify and review the procedures laid down for periodical verification/reconciliation and testing of different sections of accounting records to ensure that they are accurate
- Presented major control and process issues not identified in the due diligence exercise conducted before acquiring Portland Paints and Products Nigeria Plc, these findings assisted UACN Management in closing identified control gaps.
Financial Accountant, February 2013 – July 2013
- Coordinate monthly close-the-books process and enhancements of the finance process to improve efficiency
- Prepared monthly management reports including financial ratio analyses
- Prepared quarterly and annual financial statements in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and file with regulatory authorities
- Provided technical support for Tantalizers’ IFRS first time adoption and conversion.
- Prepared year-end IFRS compliant financial statements and filed with necessary regulatory bodies.
- Prepared a cash management template for the company which results to proper management of cash and alignment of suppliers’ payment with cashflow pattern.
Financial Consultant, February 2011 – November 2012
Nathan Arrow Ltd (Accounting, Tax and Financial Advisory), London, United Kingdom.
- Prepared financial reports including a statement of financial position and comprehensive income statement for management and statutory requirement
- Prepared and filed Value Added Tax (VAT), Pay As You Earn (PAYE) and Corporation Tax with Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- Communicated effectively with non-financial Managers and Directors, and effectively presented financial data to enhance strategic decisions
Associate Consultant, March 2009 – October 2010
Stransact Partners (Audit, Tax and Financial Advisory)
- Performed business valuation and other transaction advisory services as part of due diligence assignment
- Provided professional advice on tax planning, payroll administration and general tax management
- Advised management on financial risk exposures, provided accounting and management procedures and policies, internal controls and checks for clients to mitigate the risk exposure and strengthen the corporate governance
- Performed audit of various companies, reviewed companies internal controls and make recommendations
- Prepared management accounts of various companies and liaise with the external auditors and regulators on areas of the management accounts where clarification is required
- Accurately prepared and filed Valued Added Tax, Withholding Tax, and PAYE in a timely manner with the relevant tax authorities, follow-up the process of generating Tax Clearance Certificates (TCCs) and attended tax dispute meetings
- Developed performance management measurement tool and reviewed financial projections against corporate plan and their feasibility, confirmed project feasibility and provide opinion on the effectiveness of the project
Qualified Consultant, April 2008 – February 2009
Gbenga Badejo & Co. (Chartered Accountants)
- Effectively managed and execute audit exercise in various industries such as media and print, FMCG, financial sector and logistics. Managed audit plans and strategically appoint audit team members
- Improved the process of verification of assets and vouching of transactions which in result shorten the time duration of these activities and saved the firm cost
- Provided monthly management accounting services to clients, preparing bank reconciliation, monitoring budget, analysing financial data to provide recommendations to clients’ management
- Prepared business plan and developed financial models to support proposed business and also carried out due diligence assignment and asset verification exercise before an acquisition agreement is finalized
Company Accounts Officer, February 2006 – September 2007
Tarosoks Investment Company
- Prepared weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts and advice management on financial performance
- Established internal checks and control on the operations of the company to safeguard the company’s assets
- Efficiently generate sales invoices from sage accounting software and forward to customer
- Spearheaded the processing of invoices received from suppliers and generate debtors and creditors report for management
- Managed the cashflow of the company and prepared budget deviation analysis
- Available Upon Request