Navid H. Bokhari
Accomplished executive in all aspects of Engineering Management, showcasing proven experience in Project Management, Energy Management, Manufacturing & Production Management and Conventional & Renewable Energy Management. Life-time achievement award in leadership in the startup of Solar Energy in Pakistan in both Off Grid and On Grid areas through planning and incentives. Established solar energy sector by providing incentives to the companies, motivation and trainings. Established REAP (Renewable Energy Association of Pakistan). An Industry in Pakistan was founded around ten years ago which now has become a fruit bearing tree and a whole sector ; creating country wide impacts in jobs creation and formation of a new Business & boost of economy.
Ø Technology Management
Manufacturing & Production Management
Renewable Energy Management
Solar Energy Management
Ø Business Planning
Ø Key Stake Negotiations
Ø Alliances Development
Ø Organizational Re-Structuring
Ø Business & Public Relationships
Ø Consultancy of RET’s & Manufacturing.
(MS) Masters of Sciences in Engineering Management 2011 National University of Science & Technology (NUST)
(M Sc.) Masters in Computer Sciences (Software Engineering)2001-2003 SZABIST ( B Sc. Engineering) Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
1998 University of Engineering & Technology, Taxila (UET)
Achievements & Awards
– Life Time Achievement Award by Solar Industry
– Chief Guest REAP Exhibition, F-9, Islamabad, 2014.
– Chief Guest , Conference on Renewable Energy, REAP, 2011, 2012, Convention Center, Islamabad.
– Establishment of Renewable Energy Association of Pakistan (REAP)
– Certificate as Resource Person OIC’s Secretariat on S&T (COMSTECH)
– Guest Speaker, Renewable Energy, LUMS
– Guest Speaker on Energy Future, Comsats(CIIT), Lahore.
– Guest Speaker on Hydrogen Technology, University of Engineering & Technology, UET, Peshawer
May’2017 –ongoing DHA, Bahawalpur
- § Providing Consultancy one of the Biggest Organization in Pakistan
- § Feasbility Analysis of Renewable Energy ambitions of DHA, Approval, Inspection and Advisory Services.
April 2016 -todate Sharif International, Rwp.
- § Working in variety of Solar solutions
- § Planning, Designing
- § Installations and support
- § Projects Management, execution and installations.
07th Nov 2005-Mar 2016 Alternative Energy Development Board (AEDB), Prime Minister’s Secretariat, Islamabad.
Director in AES-10 (BPS-20/MP-III)
- § “Honour to be Selected on merit by tests, series of interviews, & finally interviewed by panel of secretaries i.e. Secretary Cabinet, Secy.Finance and finally selected by Honorable Prime Minister of Pakistan.”
- § Worked in Both Off-Grid & On-Grid Projects of National Importance in details.
- § Development framework for social mobilization outreach to people, development of 1000 solar homes Project based on Solar PV.
- § Community Mobilization, training, Resources allocation, provision of Solar Water Pumping units in Punjab, Baluchistan & Sindh
- § Providing clean water to community in Mithi, Sindh through Solar Desalination Units, using solar pumping for extraction and solar stills desalination for clean drinking water.
- § Training and community development for solar cookers in different regions of Sindh and Punjab.
- § Solar Thermal Engineering, worked on Heat Engines, i.e. Steam Turbines, Boilers, Solar Concentrators ,Steam Engines & Stirling Engines(Solo, Germany), Solar Stirling Cycle, Integrated Solar Steam Cycle Power Plant.
- § Project Director; Development of First Hydrogen Fuel Automotive (Hybrid Fuel Cell-Electric),
- § P.Director of Parabolic ST Power Plant, Stirling Power Plant.
- § ON-GRID WORK: First in Pakistan to start Solar PV IPP more than 30 projects Pre-feasibility Approvals, 4 Feasibility Approvals, 5 Project FIT(Feed in Tariff) approvals, Projects amounting to Billions of USD’s, Consultant in Pakistan’s only 100 MW QASP project .
- § Headed the projects of Solar Photo Voltaic (PV) OFF-GRID, TFS, Mono and Poly crystalline Solar cells, Converters, Battery Banks and all. Solar PV IPP’s development, planning and execution.
- § Worked with GiZ, UNDP, WORLD BANK, in variety of Solar Off-Grid oriented projects designs, for deprived areas of Pakistan. Worked in LED Lantern project for villages, 100 solar homes projects, BHU project of UNDP, FATA solar street lights project, Solar Homes PV projects for private SME’s. Solar Water Heaters Programme of World Bank.etc.
- § Training of trainers in Renewable Energy Companies, Designing of Solar PV systems, testing and evaluation.
- § Water Desalination/Distillation, Reverse Osmosis, Solar Distillation design and implementation for community usages.
- § PD of Quality Assurance/Projects Monitoring which includes:
- -Certification of Projects,
- Focal Person/Consultant of WORLD BANK Solar Water Heaters National Programme ( Part-1 implemented, Projects 1 to 5), -Development of Scientific Information Management System (SIMS)
- § Hands on experience in Engineering Management, Project Management & Operations Management
- § Technical Support Engineering
- § Contracts Management of Various Projects both in Energy and Manufacturing.
- § Energy Planning, Energy Efficiency and Conservation
- § Marketing of RE Technologies, Seminars and Knowledge Dissemination through public expos, Planning and Management.
- § Monitoring & Evaluation of Rural Electrified Renewable projects and renewable energy systems.
- § Helped in Formulation of Short Term, Medium Term Renewable Energy Policy
- § Formulation and implementation of incentives for Renewable Energy sector
- § Success story in formulation of more than 500 SOLARRE SME’s in Pakistan, & substitution of 70+ MW Solar PV in Pakistan in just 3-4 years, through incentives of import duties and sales tax exemption extending benefits to general public.
- § Founder of REAP: Establishment of REAP (Renewable Energy Association of Pakistan), URL: http://www.reap.org.pk, to formally constitute an apex body for better propagation of RET’s through trainings & training of trainers.
- § RET Business promotion & propagation while having continuous interaction with OEM, DONORS and consultations with multi dimensional companies and stakeholders.
- § Worked on numerous projects of the RETS in Pakistan, including World Bank projects on Solar Water pumping and solar heaters, Solar Thermal Power Plants, (Stirling & Trough Based), Solar Desalination Systems, Solar Water Pumps, Solar PV, CPV etc..
- § Amongst Top Renewable energy Professional’s in Pakistan.
- § ON GRID Contracts, Supervised LOI’s and LoS of over 1800MW ON-Grid Large IPP’s all over Pakistan, LoS, and making of SECURITY DOCUMENTS, PPA, IA. Contracts negotiations and award.
- § Worked as Consultant/Focal Person of Quaid-i-Azam Solar Park 1000MW Project, approval of Feasibility and approval, inspection of many feasibilities ranging 5MW , 10MW, 25MW, 50MW, 100MW and modular 1000MW solar projects.
- § Worked on several Bio-Energy related On-Grid Hybrid Projects for sugar industry, Small Wing turbines, and also Biogas Power plants.
04th June’2005- 11th Nov’2005 ZTE, Zhongzhing Telecom, (Multinational), Islamabad
Manager( Managed Services)
- § Providing Managed Services solution to Paknet Project in Pakistan.
- § Manpower training & Administration, Recruitment and Control.
- § Documentation Regarding Pre-Sales and After Sales like Technical SOP’s and Project Proposals, Working Procedures.
- § I also have provided Solutions to OFC Optical Ring Project Afghanistan and Wateen and FWT Project.
- § Technical and Administrative Support
- § Design of Technical Documents, Technical and administrative activities
Dec’04-June’2005 Pakistan International Airlines Corporation, (PIA)
- § IT and Engineering Management; assisted in conversion and implementation of Siemens SAP (ERP) in the Engineering Wing of Pakistan International Airlines.
- § O&M of Tele-communications networks and Execution of latest VoIP Based networks for communications.
Feb 2004-Dec’04 COMSATS Institute of Information Technology & PCST (Ministry of Science& Tech.).
Lecturer & Asst.Chief (Technology, BPS-18)
- § In Academia I taught subjects of Engineering & IT like Software Engineering, CAD/CAM, Engineering Design, Object Oriented Techniques, OOT, Database Management Systems, Operating Systems, E-Commerce, Digital Logic Designing, ITM and various other IT Subjects.
- § I have been also involved in Research of Wireless Computer Networks.
- § As Assistant Chief in PCST my prime responsibilities were to approve, Research, recommend and award Overseas Collaborative (US, China and Japan) Science & Technological (S&T) Projects to Hi-Profile S&T Scientific Organizations in Pakistan like PCSIR, PCRET, HEJ, PAEC, etc.
2000-2004 Siemens AG, German Multinational , Venue: Carrier Telephone Industries (CTI),I-9/2,Islamabad.
- § CTI was a joint venture of Siemens AG (Germany) and PTCL
- § Mechanical Engineering Designs of numerous Racks, Sub-racks, panels and a variety of mechanical parts like 19” Rack, 21” ETSI Rack, Design of SIEMENS AG SDH Buckets, panels and dies.
- § Managed and headed numerous Quality Inspections, In-Process Inspections, NDT and Destructive Testing of In-Process and In-coming materials. Headed weekly Quality meetings for CR have and process non-conformities for professional advice.
- § Re-Engineering of Solid Parabolic Antenna Designs (SRAL), Very Small Aperture Antenna (VSAT) Design along with installation designs of member accessories and mounts.
- § Designs of In-process CNC Tooling and fixtures according to DIN Standards. Surface Treatment, powder paint of Products.
- § Maintenance, Installation ,investment planning & feasibility analysis of BOGE Compressor having Max. Pressure 13 bars/ 190 psig having free air delivery at 33 m3 / min or 1168 cfm, operating power: 257.5 KW/ 350HP.
- § O&M Activities of Various CNC machines in Assembly Shops, IMT Shops and Mechanical Prefabrication shop, the machines were CNC Punching Nibbling M/C, CNC Wire Erosion M/C, Lathes M/C, CNC Soldering Bath, Press Machines etc.
- § Computer Manufacturing & Marketing Project I was the professional given assignment of initiation of the project. International and inland sourcing of components and brand management to existing highly profitable business of CTI was exercised and managed. Initialized a new department in CTI named as CMD, Computer Marketing Division.
- § Designed P-IV and P-V casings for CTI Branded computers. It requires in depth knowledge of CNC Sheet Metal work and allied jigs and fixtures.
- § Project Management and Scheduling, planning and Time Analysis of various projects and products.
- § Cost Estimations, Feasibilities regarding huge investments of state of the art CNC machines and Production Line Support.
- § Engineering Parts Design and procurement using DIN-Siemens Norms and ISO-EN Standards.
- § Provided Maintenance & Engineering support to CNC SMD-IMT Insertion Mounting Shop, Mechanical Assembly Shop, Electroplating Shop and Mechanical Shop.
- § CTI has one the best CNC facility in Pakistan in order to outsource the facilities of CTI management has given me incentive of “Engineer Incharge” of the Contract Manufacturing Cell, I have made a shift over in the Marketing scenario and have taken Mega Projects of PINSTECH, Sayyid Bhais, Simcon-International and ANDOR Logic like companies. It requires in depth knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering Economics and Contracts Management.
1999-2000 NESCOM, (PMO, JSHQ’s) Ministry of Defence
- § Experience in a large MEP Project, consisting of 18 large workshops.
- § Mechanical & Electrical work supervision and design of plumbing systems for water and fire-hydrants.
- § Designed anti static proofing for different workshops of highly combustible nature.
- § Installation Work: Installed and commissioned various mixers, grain synthesizers and process plants as found in a big process industry. Installation contained designing of large steel platforms, Arc Welding, TIG Welding, Sheet metal Works, Riveting, Bolting, fabrication of different members .The process was actuated by compressed air that used pneumatic circuitry. Associated process included provision of HVAC ducts and installation of Air-Conditioning plant and installation of Blowers to suck out Highly Combustible Particles. It includes process controllers, associated safety procedures and work force management.
- § O&M of Rotary machines/plant: Maintenance Activities of 18 process shops and associated machines that included Rotary machines, Compressors, mixers, blowers, pneumatic compressors, pneumatic valves, Overhead Hoists,.
- § Installation and Operations & Maintenance of Hi-Pressure Pneumatic Systems, Piping Designs, Valves, Fittings and Process Metrology. Pressure Vessels Design and Testing, HVAC load calculations and Ducting, Heavy Steel Fabrications, TIG Welding, Arc welding, Oxy-Acetylene and Project Management were the promising Gains.
- § Making of Safety policy for highly combustible process plants as per international norms.
1998-1999 AJK Engineering College E-11, Islamabad.
Lecturer of Mechanical Engineering
- Increased Education Depth by delivering knowledge to Hi-Class Engineering Subjects like Applied Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Industrial Electronics and Engineering Materials etc.
- Gained Audience Confidence and enhanced presentation techniques.
Additional Professional Training/Courses
1. Planning & Operation of Large Scale Grid Tied Solar PV Projects (Renac, Germany)
2. Design &Installation of OFF-GRID Solar Systems (GIZ, Germany)
3. Certificate in Planning Monitoring and Evaluation, Pakistan Project Management Institute(PPMI, Planning Commission, GoP)
4. Certificate on Simulation of Homer, National Renewable Energy Laboratories (NREL), USA. Inst: Peter Lilianthal, Paul Gilman.
5. ISO-9001 Certifications and Documentation Procedures from PIM, GoP.
6. Materials Selection and Testing ( Destructive and NDT) from MIRDC
7. Enhancing Managerial Skills from Smeda
8. Effective Business Communications from Smeda
9. Developing Marketing Skills from PIM
10. IT Office from Informatics, Singapore.