Nalan Şimşek +90 537 324 7341
41700 Osmangazi Mh, Asiroglu Cd. [email protected]
Yazgulu Sk No:28 Kocaeli, Turkey
Intern Research Assistant – Castilla-La Mancha University June 2015 – September 2015 (35 hrs/week)
• Participated in current research projects and worked with specialized equipment at the geochemical and heavy metal laboratories.
• By the end of the research project, I was able to use an X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometer (XRF) and Raman Microscope at the heavy metal laboratory to define heavy metals and minerals inside rock samples.
• Prepared an organic mercury mixture at the geochemical laboratory.
Part-Time Assistant Student – Kocaeli University September 2014 – June 2015 (20 hrs/week)
• Geochemical analyses and sample preparation techniques for these analyses.
• Learned a broad overview of the field of geochemistry and how it relates to other areas of the geosciences.
• Able to balance chemical reactions that occur commonly in weathering, lithologic, and redox controlled environments.
• Performed assorted experiment practices at the laboratory environment and geophysical practices at analytical geochemistry laboratory.
Darıca Municipality of Republic of Turkey, Internship July 2012 – August 2012 (30 hrs/week)
• Design and reporting of site investigations for different geotechnical applications.
• In-situ and laboratory tests for the determination of engineering properties and behavior of earth materials.
• Modern techniques for measuring and monitoring site response to control the safety of engineering excavation in rock and soil.
• Reporting and submission of site investigations.
Master of Science, Geological Engineering in Progress
Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul İstanbul, TR
Elective coursework: Stable Isotope Geochemistry, Biomineralization, Clay Mineralogy, The Project and Design of Rock Mechanic Structures, Site Investigation and Measurement Techniques, Low-Temperature Geochemistry, Geochemical Analyses Methods, Geochemical Evaluation of Geothermal Systems and Utilization Techniques
Bachelor of Engineering, Geological Engineering February 2016
Kocaeli University, Izmit Izmit, TR
Elective coursework: Thermodynamics, Ore Deposit, Remote Sensing, Drilling Techniques, Rock/Solid Mechanics, Structural Geology, Computer Applications in Earth Science, General/Optical mineralogy, Geochemical Data Processing.
ACTIVITIES & ASSOCIATIONS
• Chamber of Geological Engineers (JMO)
• Turkish Automobile Sports Federation
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
• English(B2+)/Spanish(A2)/French(A2) Language Certification
• ESRI Geographic Information systems and Information Technology (ArcGIS) Certification
• Engineering Software:
o Canvas 12/ENVI 4.5/Slide 7.0/Swedge 6.0
o Rocscience 9.0/RS2 8.0
o Microsoft Office Suite
• The Future of Geothermal Energy in Our Country Certification (5 hrs/day)
• Future in the Industry (4 hrs/day)
07/2016 - 07/2018
Geological Engineering, Geology, Earth Sciences at Istanbul Technical University
Master’s Degree on Geological Engineering
10/2010 - 02/2016
Geology, Engineering Geology, Earth Sciences at Kocaeli University