Marcela S Fernández Pedrozo
Civil/ Structural/ Surveying Project Manager, Construction Project Manager
I am a global professional, ambitious and seasoned in construction and land survey management for large power project looking for opportunities overseas.
Throughout my career, I have established a track record of success by leveraging a collaborative leadership style to accomplish all short- and long-range civil engineering construction objectives. An engaging and articulate cross-cultural communicator, I am able to clearly convey complex technical information and propose novel solutions to build consensus with key project stakeholders, including high-value clients and executive leadership.
I look forward to applying these strengths and more to the team at your company. Please consider the following highlights of my qualifications and achievements:
• Extensive experience in land surveying and building construction best practices.
• Extensive knowledge and experience evaluating civil, mechanical, and electrical works.
• Proven track record in directing multiple tasks efficiently to ensure timely project completion.
• Built customer engagement by identifying and cultivating relationships with key decision makers.
I look forward to advancing my career and raising my family in Canada.
Thank you for your consideration.
Nov 2016/ May 2017
Construction Management at Columbia University
Non-credit certificate consisting of 4 courses:
Course 1- Construction Project Initation and Planning, Project Management.
Course 2- Construction Project Scheduling,
Course 3- Construction Cost Estimating and Cost Control,
Course 4- Construction Finance.
Mar 1998/ Jul 2004
Surveying Engineering at School of Engineering, Universidad de la República Oriental del Uruguay UdelaR
Field of Studies:
Topográphy, Geomatics, Carthography, Cadastro, Avaluation, Construction, Geology, Road design, Urban Planning and design.
Mar 2006 / Incomplete
GIS and Remote Sensing Applied to Environmental Studies at Universidad Nacional de Lujan
Pending thesis submittal
Jan 2014/ Feb 2016
Civil/Structural Project Manager at Abeinsa EPC /Abengoa Group
Carty Power Generating Station Project 440 MW ,technology CCGT
Project Summary: A 440-megawatt natural-gas-fueled combined-cycle power plant, with Mitsubishi combustible turbine, steam turbine and heat recovery steam generator HRSG, and a 500kV transmission line and a Subestation. The project budget was over 300 million dollars and employed above 500 people.
Provided operations support and worked with stakeholders on the development and implementation of short term construction projects. Managed the mobilization, settling, and earthworks (grading, drainage, roadworks) for a power generating and substation project, and 5 steel buildings construction projects. Maintained responsibility for directing the daily resource allocation meeting with foreman and other project managers, to coordinate tasks and resources.
• Provided operations support and maintain relationships with stakeholder including vendors, and clients.
• Managed a temporary project team and over 500 union labors; served as a resource expert throughout all phases of projects.
• Implemented regulatory compliance initiatives across all projects, identified deficiencies, and executed corrective actions to ensure adherence.
• Consistently deliver the highest quality and full-spectrum construction services.
Aug 2010/ Dec 2013
Land Survey Project Manager/ Civil Project Manager at Abeinsa EPC /Abengoa Group
Solana Generating Station 280 MW, technology CSP CCP & Palen Solar Electric Generating Station, 500 MW, technology CSP Tower
Project Summary (Gila Bend, AZ, USA): A 280-megawatt parabolic through solar power plant, with molten salt tanks for thermal storage, a solar field over 750 hectares, substation, and 21-mile transmission line with a total budget of approximately 2 billion dollars and employed over 2000 people.
Project Summary (Riverside, CA, USA): The design of a two-tower 500- megawatt thermo-solar plant, using second-generation 750-foot-tall towers using pressurized steam and air-cooled technology over a total of 3800 acres.
Planned, directed, and coordinated several civil construction projects. Conducted land surveys and managed various aspects the construction projects. Coordinated logistic strategies and provided operational construction support with the goal of ensuring quality and minimizing risk.
Served as Land Survey Manager for the Abeinsa EPC – Palen Solar Electric Generating System in Riverside, CA, USA.
• Monitored and supervised 20+ crew performing precision surveys along 2000+ acres of CSP solar field.
• Managed the land survey crew and supervised quality control inspections.
• Inspected and ensured that work was done within specification.
• Implemented procedures and reporting methods to keep records, track the productivity of the crews and foresee performance.
• Executed topographic surveys, construction staking and as-builts surveys. Reviewed civil, mechanical and electrical designs, preparing geo-referenced 2D and 3D drawings, computed volumes for earthworks.
• Kept up to date all underground as-builts, responsible of authorizing excavation works, and often alternate solutions to avoid design interferences.
Apr 2011/ Jun 2011
Land Survey Project Manager at Abeinsa EPC /Abengoa Group
Mojave Generating Station Project. 280 MW, technology CSP CCP.
Project Summary: A 280-megawatt parabolic through solar power plant, with two power blocks and solar fields over 1750 acres, with a total budget of 1.6 billion dollars.
Planned, defined and coordinated topographic implantation and facilitated quality control inspection and staking execution during construction.
• Establish a reputation for staying up-to-date with the industry’s rules, regulations, and the company’s policies.
• Managed quality control inspections processes and ensure that work was completed in time and within specification.