Regional Sales Manager
Magdy M. Hanafy
United Arab Emirates-Dubai, (+971 50 2887802), email@example.com
· Managed to award the Well Test contracts for Weatherford.
· Meet Revenue targets for the financial year 2008& 2009.
· Promoted Production Optimization software hence Weatherford became a single source provider.
· Participated layout designs of different WT and CK manifolds according to rig space.
· Managed to get multi-million PO for Drilling Enhancement tools and versatile Stabilizers.
· Honoredcompany award for the unrestricted stock option WFT 2008.
· Met Revenue target for 2011 &2012 awarded company bonus.
25 years Extensive business development in the Middle East in subsurface and subsea drilling systems, wellheads, specialty connectors, sales of Mud systems, Drilling& upstream related products,manifolds.Excellent understanding of petroleum and project economics and downhole tools.
o Skilled user PC programs. Professional user of Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Power point.
o Microsoft Visio, Projects, Working in a team spirit in a mixture of multicultural environments.
o Strong customer service and relation building, pro-active approach and ability to deal at all levels.
o Extensive experience in selling of analytical Instrumentation, Gas Chromatographs,Flow Measurements and Flow Controls.
o Strong track record of the new business development and sales growth with OEM’s.
o Key Account management with Saudi Aramco.
o Working with senior executive level management to stage a consultative selling process.
Trade Drill FZE 10/ 2013- Present
· Based in Dubai, privately owned free lancing FZ trade company
· Promoted Brand New products and rental servicesto the local customers including Flanges, Blocks, DSA’s, Drilling Equipment, Manifolds to Major Drilling Contractors and service providers.
· Participated the supply and source out of drilling components in the upgrade and recertification projects for Jackup offshore rigs operating in UAE and KSA.
· Monitor competition’s act and conduct market intelligence.
Petrofac International Ltd 05/ 2011- 08/2013
Regional Sales Manager
· Based in Dubai and reporting to General Manager.
· Promoted services and manufacturing of API 6A products and manifolds in accordance to API-6A, API-16C and API-16D , ASME, U-STAMP to Potential customers in KSA, Kuwait, Oman and UAE
· BOP cross lines and other pressure control equipment, Skid mounted electric pumps.
· Promoting services of NDT, MPI, Heat Treatment, X-Ray and Radiography.
· Managed a team of four Sales Managers & Team Leaders to coach commercial proposals.
· Understand customer needs and assist in the development of project solutions.
· Liaise with other departments Finance, Engineering, operations and logistics to meetQA/QC standards.
· Promote and demonstrate machine shop and fabrication services of an ASME certified machine shop products in accordance to ASME
· Initiate regular customer visits
· Provide inputs to Engineering based on market information for future projects.
· Monitor competition’s act and conduct market intelligence
· Definebusiness strategies and report to Senior Management.
Weatherford- Qatar 06/ 2009-04/2010
Business Development Manager
· Based in Doha and reporting to General Manager.
· Promote and demonstrate core values and services of Weatherford.
· Support a team of departmental operations providing other Weatherford’s services (Fishing, Rentals, Tubular Running Services, Directional Drilling services including MWD, LWD, Wireline logging, IPM, Well Integrity, Well Testing and Drilling Services).
· Support the implementation of 5 years Business Plan.
· Provide Management with follow up on the achievement of long term and short term planning objectives.
· Lead and coordinates the implementation of Services product lines providing budgetary analysis.
· Develop Business Improvement. Act as advisor and facilitator for business improvement Initiatives – focal point.
· Coordinate the development of HSE’s performance measures,
· Monitor KPI and report on the accomplishment.Full understanding of Managed Pressure Drilling, Subsurface Solid Expandable Systems, Underbalanced Drilling.
· Working on onshore field (800 wells) Well Integrity Project as brown-field production enhancement.
· Annual Turn Over from $45M to $75M
Weatherford Lamb Limited (Libya). 08/2007 – 06/2009
Business Development Manager
· Based in Tripoli and reporting to Country Manager.
· Lead four subordinates of Sales Engineers to provide the Business Development Report focused in Top Drives opportunities on Monthly basis.
· Involved in discussions of financial results and forecast activities with the Management Team.
· Communicate of Weatherford’s Business Development opportunities information and documentation to all BU personnel.
· Coordinate efforts in Marketing, Sales, Business Development and client visits to demonstrate Weatherford’s products and services.
· Promoting Weatherford’s in house services via participating tenders for Wireline Logging for cased and open holes, Directional Drilling tools (MWD & LWD), Fishing and Tubular Running Services TRS.
· Demonstrate total commitment to Weatherford Quality, Health and Safety Environment.
· Annual Turn Over: $96M
Omni Oil Technologies-UAE. 12/2005–07/2007
· Based in Dubai and reporting to CEO, with extensive travel to the potential Countries in region.
· Demonstrated a range of Drilling Enhancement downhole toolsthru PPT presentation at the customer facilities.
· Analyze drilling reports to derivative a custom-made solution for each drilling hazards.
· Experience in GPAC ERP system.
· Liaisewith other departments:manufacturing, planning.
· Provide after sales and technical support for Roller Reamers and Versatile Reamer Stabilizers to KOC, Saudi Aramco, PDO and ADCO.
· Work with E& D to analyze customer complains in order to maintain outstanding records of QA/QC and tools performance.
· Report revenues and sales analysis, revenue forecast on monthly basis using ERP software (Oracle).
· Attended Training Program of ISO-9001-2000, EMS- 14001.
· Grow annual Turnover from Zero to $5M
Baker Hughes Inc. (Baker SPD Division) 04/1998 – 04/2004
District Manager, Africa & Mid. East.
· Based in Cairo and reporting to International Sales Manager in Houston.
· Extensive travel to the potential Countries in Middle East and North Africa.
· Promote products of Fluid End Expandable Pump parts, hydraulic hand pumps, Baker Mud Valves, ANSI Class Production Gate valves.
· Provide sales contribution through a network of agents and distributors to potential customers, Saudi Aramco, ADCO, Nabors, Sinopec.
· Accomplished strategic sales plan to create new customers,
· Appointed new agents through business plan including sales forecast predictions and market criteria.
· Extensive experience in sales of Drilling Products such as Fluid End Expandable Pump parts, Sand Control Eqpt, Mud Gate Valves, Diaphragm valves,Mud Hog Centrifugal Pumps
· Sales of a wide range of Lubricants, sealants/ compounds.
· Experience inselling production products: Multiple Orifice Design (MOV) Chokes, pneumatic and electric actuated control valves.
· Participation of tenders and projects by EPC contractors in the ME region.
· Annual turn over $20M
Schlumberger Wireline & Testing
Senior Well Test Supervisor – Egypt 06/1996 -03/1998
Senior Production Supervisor- Libya 02/1992 – 11/1993
Senior Well Test Specialist.- Process Operations Egypt, UAE 12/1987 – 07/1990
· Run & Design of open-hole drill stem test tool string and cased hole test tool string.
· Experience in instrumentation calibration, pressure gauges, Flowmeters, Sensors, Relays, Fas Meters Barton and Foxboro.
· Exploratory well testing design and operation and HP gas wells in particular as per the provided well test programs.
· Design of surface well test equipment layout in accordance to rig space and utilities air supply, interpretation of well test data.
· Provide consultation/mentorship/training to other engineers.
· Awareness and complying with HSE regulations and standards for offshore safety precautions.
· Perform routine maintenance and function checks on Well Test Unit components. Pneumatic Controls, Actuators, ESD and control systems, Sensors. Choke manifolds, Sand Filters, Flow heads, API 6A Valves, Safety Valves, Emergency shut down valves, Gas Metering systems, Generators, Direct fired heaters.
· Proficient Instrumentalist in calibration of surface recorders, gauges, pressure- temperature.
· Supervise test crew of 4 engineers to perform surface readout, designed lay-outs of test equipment, to run multiphase flow test for high pressure offshore gas wells.
· Surface and Bottom-hole sampling.
· Subsurface Drill Stem Testing (DST), responsible for drill-string design and running in a slim/cased holes in a deviated/vertical wells.
· Hands-on tool dresser for Down-hole Valves: Multiflow Evaluator (MFE), Down-hole Pressure Control Valve (PCT), Isolation Packers, Hydraulic Jars, Bias Circulating valves.
· Drilling operations, interpretation of Down-hole charts, estimates of Pressure gradients, reservoir characteristics.
· Design and running Perforation (TCP) strings. TCP tools dressing.
· Witness& Monitor commissioning and startup of an onshore Early Production Facilities.
Jaidah Motors (OISS Div.)
Upstream Sales Manager – Qatar 09/1994 – 10/1995
· Extensive experience in analyzing Daily Drilling Reports and derivative ROP for Rock bits.
· Responsible with Full Charge to handle a long term call off agreement with number of operators to run and stock Tri-cones and Diamond PDC Rock Bits.
· Promote and demonstrate newest technologies and research by BHI for fluid mechanics and mud additive sections.
· Participated mega tenders preparation and pricing schemes.
· Work closely with Drilling Managers and well Engineers for well designs and bit selection.
Education: B. Sc. Geology- Ain Shams University – Cairo –Egypt, 1983
Languages: Arabic – Native
English – Fluent
Professional Training and Development
May, 2009 Fundamentals of Gravel Pack techniques & technology (1 week) Dubai
Aug., 2008 Biz Wiz (Fundamentals of business and finance) (1 week) Dubai
Feb., 2008 Management Development Program (1 week) Dubai
Nov., 2007 advanced innovative selling techniques (1 week) Dubai
Nov., 1993 Safety Management System, Significance of SMS safety cases (2 weeks) Cairo
Jan., 1990 Basics of drill-stem testing, Down-hole hydrostatic pressures, fluid mechanics, specific weights and buoyancy factors, casing and drill pipe API grades, threads. Pau, France
Feb., 1989 Special Slickline, Concepts of tensions and tensile stress, oil seals, pressure equipment, lubricators, stuffing box and well heads. Pau, Fra
- JD EDWARDS
- Ms Office
- Oil & Gas Proffessional
- Regional Sales Manager
June 1979/June 1983
B SC Geology at Ain Shams Uni