Joan N Staple
Church Road dist.
Tel # 861-4461/417-3118
Email….. [email protected]
Accomplished Accounting Officer proven records in bank reconciliation, payables/ receivables and cash flow management. Experts in Quick Books and Sage 50 accounting software. Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suits which includes Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
To obtain an Accounting position, where I will be able to contribute my skills, knowledge and experience to a company that will give me a opportunities to develop my career.
New Era Homes 2000 Limited
· Coding, posting and create of Invoices.
· Prepare and keep updated deposit log.
· Prepare and post Customer Receipts.
· Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements.
· Prepare payables.
· Prepare cheques for payment and Direct bank deposit/RTGS
· Processing of payroll fortnightly
· Prepare So1, So2 and Contractor Levy for Tax Administration of Jamaica.
· Prepare schedules for Auditors.
Barrett’s Investment Limited (Sub- Agent of Alliance Financial Management).
May 2014 – May 2015
· Compose correspondence/reports for manager’s signature.
· Leading staff recruitment, interviews and introduction periods.
· Create budget to eliminate abnormal spending.
· Communicate with different Remittances provider to solve issue as they arise.
· Prepare Surrender for Bank of Jamaica.
· Trader Advisor.
· Manage and balancing of vault/Issuing of cash to Teller.
· Balancing of Teller on a daily basic.
· Teller for Cambio, Money gram, Swift cash, Transfast Money Services and Bill Payment. (Remittances)
· Create excel spreadsheet to capture daily reimbursement and running balances.
· Prepare of quarterly Financial Investigate Division (FID) and Terrorist Prevent Act (TPA) report for designated Government body.
· Processing of fortnightly payroll using Turbo pay.
· Prepare So1 and So2 for Tax Administration.
Wool Worth / Head Office
April 2010-January 2014
· Entering of invoices using Excel and Microsoft word.
· Balancing of cashiers and cash book.
· Preparing fortnightly Payroll
· Prepare credit/debit notes, balancing of purchases book and Petty Cash book on a monthly basic.
· Ensure payables report is done weekly /preparing cheques in a timely manner in order to maintain good supplier relationship.
· Preparing bank reconciliation monthly and resolving discrepancies.
Jamaica Retailer Limited T/A Wool Worth.
April 2005- April 2010
· Provide quality customer service to internal and external customers.
· Purchasing of goods that help to maintain stock on shelves.
· Telemarketing services.
Landline Internet Mobile Entertainment (LIME)
Customers Service Representatives
2015 (presently) University College of the Caribbean (UCC)
· Bachelors Degree in Business Administration (Pending)
· Major in Financial Management
· Minor in Marketing
2014-2015 Moneaque College
· Associate Degree in Business Administration (Credits transfer to UCC)
HEART Trust NTA Stony Hill Academy
June 2002-February 2003
Secretarial Studies and Accounting Skills with Computer Studies, using Microsoft word, Microsoft Excel and power point.
Vere Technical High School
June 1996 – September 1999
Mrs. Sheryl McLean 876-366-6295
Mrs. Donna Parker 876-837-2630
Mr. Donavan Montaque 876-424-3352
June 2015 - present
Accounting Officer at NEW ERA HOMES 2000 LTD