Bruno Guardia Robles
Software Development Manager
I am a generalist that improves the world while creating great software, using multiple hats over time (or at the same time, when needed). Working through the broad vision, but still enjoying to dig deep in the technical details; over 30 years working in the computer industry.
· More than 250 Software projects shipped, on various sizes and roles; few projects failed (single digits).
· Project lead, manager or technical architect for most of them
· More than 25 projects with very high risk turned around.
· Many of the systems I have developed have been running for 5-10 years with little maintenance, until substituted by new technologies
· Improved test architecture and 2x pass rates on test automation in 2 months, enabling the team to ship the project ahead of deadline after 1.5 year delays
· Managed the turnaround of the Performance Team – Data Programmability, SQL Server, for 2008 release, including 2 orders of magnitude performance improvements for critical components.
· Recognized as “Best Part Time Professor” for the Engineering and Architecture Division, ITESM-CCM in 2000 (which at the time was named best computer-science faculty in Mexico)
· 20 years teaching (1985-2005), particularly computer programming
Software architecture design, from Client-Server in the 90s to Web n-tiers and SOA in the 2010s, particularly on Web and Database systems
.Net (C# and VB) and Java programming and testing during the last two decades; particular recent focus on Microservices, APIs, Visual Studio 2017, .Net Framework 4.5, Web services (both REST and WCF/SOAP), SQL Server and MSMQ
SQL Server Database design, programming, administration and performance tuning, from 6.5 to 2016 versions; Microsoft Certified Master certification
Wide range of technology experience, in most Microsoft platforms and various UNIX flavors
Project management, turnaround expert
Business management in customer facing role, combining execution with business development
MASTER OF SCIENCE, COMPUTER SCIENCE at ITESM
SPECIALIZATION IN ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
BACHELOR, COMPUTER SYSTEMS ENGINEERING at ITESM