Ali Hussain Syed
Humanitarian Aid Worker
I would like to submit my candidature for your kind consideration. I have summarized some aspects of my profile in conjunction to the vacancy announced.
I have over 10 years of professional work experience in different countries/context such as;
– Afghanistan (Returnees, Conflict, Natural Disasters) with Norwegian Project Office/Rural Rehabilitation Association for Afghanistan, Managed overall 15 million US dollars portfolio from different donors such as NMFA, USAID, WB, UN, UKaid, and ECHO.
– Afghanistan (Natural Disasters) with International Medical Corps, managed an overall 5.7 million US dollars portfolio funded by OFDA.
– Liberia (Cote d’Ivoire refugees) with Save the Children, managed 02 million Britain Pounds portfolio funded by IFAD, Radiohelphen, UK’s big lottery fund and UN women.
– Niger (Malian refugees and droughts) with Islamic Relief, managed 2 million pounds portfolio funded by UNHCR, WFP, DFID and IR affiliates.
– Sierra Leone (Ebola Virus Disease) with United Nations Children’s Fund “UNICEF”, managed and supported the 178 million US dollars portfolio contributed by various countries.
– Yemen (conflict, famine, and cholera) with International Medical Corps, managed 07 million US dollars portfolio funded by King Salman Center, WFP, UNICEF, and ECHO.
– Yemen (conflict, famine, and cholera) and with Norwegian Refugee Council, managing a portfolio of 11 million US dollars funded by ECHO, DFID, SDC, SIDA, GAC, Europe Aid and Norwegian MFA.
– Sudan (Conflict, AWD, and Famine) with United Nations OCHA, Managing and supporting 20 Million Central Emergency Response Funds for United Nation agencies and over 10 Million Sudan Humanitarian Fund for International and National Organizations.
In my most recent assignment with the International Medical Corps as Head of Office, my responsibilities consisted of; overall Inter-agency coordination’s, emergency responses management such as emergency assessments, project cycles, narrative and financial reporting, logistics, procurement, security management, ensuring responses on strategies including SPHERE minimum standards for emergency response management and support to Implementing partners and act as focal person for compliance to donor’s instructions, budget preparation and analysis.
Furthermore, I have provided effective assistance to representatives in emergency operations oversight and program management with clear accountability. Maintained continuous, effective and strategic coordination, communication, consultation and ensured that liaison remains effective with the Government, UN agencies, NGOs, Donors, and Allies in support of the special needs of children and women affected by emergency situations within the framework of the cluster approach and based on the Core Commitment for Children and Women.
I possess an ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization. I have expertise in cultivating effective business relationships across diverse organizations while fostering collaboration and partnerships. I am well polished in professional presentation, analytical, negotiation, communication and advocacy skills.
My areas of expertise are assessments, proposal writings, planning and implementation, coordination, reporting, donors relation & compliance, operational management (budgeting & financial management) also remained involved in Emergency Responses (Natural Disaster, Conflict, Post Conflicts and Health Emergencies) and Early Recovery, Camp Management, Non Food Items (NFIs), Shelter, Emergency Education, Food Security, Information Counseling and Legal Aid, Community Restoration, WASH (Public Health Promotion & Public Health Engineering), Nutrition, Disaster Risk Reduction, Cash Transfers, Livelihoods and Durable Solutions/Protection programmes funded by multi-donors with multi-millions.
In order to enhance my career, I want to gain experience in a challenging situation, where I could utilize my skills and contribute towards achieving the organizational ultimate goal and join the people to bring the difference in the lives of vulnerable people. My attraction to join your esteem organization is to support poor people with no discrimination, respecting everyone regardless of any race, religion, and sex.