Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer working with Larsen & Toubro Technology Services, Bangalore with 5+ years’ experience in design and development of steam turbine related components for Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems (MHPS – a Japanese based manufacturing company).
· Highly skilled 3D CAD designer with experience in engineering for various types of turbines.
· Proficient worker with vast knowledge of PLM systems like PTC Windchill and Siemens Teamcenter.
· Hands on experience in steam turbine components – both steam and non-steam area.
· Well-versed in top-down and bottom-up assembly design approach and new concept generation.
· Extensively worked in creating various entire turbine layout cross section drawings to check clearances.
· Strong problem-solving skills along with an organised mindset.
· Good independent worker.
· Proficient in CAD softwares like Creo, SolidWorks, Ansys and AutoCAD.
· Vast knowledge of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
· Excellent adaptability, good communication skills.
· Impressive team player.
· Quick learner with a keen eye to observe new techniques.
· Excel in reading and interpreting – technical and plan drawings along with assembly BOM.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer April 2017 – Present
· Actively setup the approach and CAD methodology for executing new components like bearing pedestals.
· Engaged in MBD (Model-Based Definition) method to deliver product manufacturing information for rotating and stationary blades, thereby saving time and preventing errors.
· Optimised the drawing release time by 5% by co-ordinating effectively with onsite engineers and managing work at offshore.
· Fabricated a scaled down model of a low-pressure casing for L&T TECH PANORAMA event in 2017.
– Onsite Deputation to MHPS, Takasago, Japan (March 2018 – October 2018)
· Efficiently managed a team of 10 offshore engineers by co-ordinating on a daily basis.
· Established a healthy relationship with the client being the focal point of contact.
· Identified opportunities and arranged to introduce new areas to sales/account manager.
· Generated project documentation and records to relevant colleagues and clients, including material requirement calculations and status reports.
· Heavily engrossed in the release of drawings thereby providing the manufacturer a faster output.
Mechanical Design Engineer October 2014 – March 2017
· Worked with a newly developed KBE tool for seal rings design validation and provided valuable feedback.
· Standardised the design and development of template models for turbine casings.
· Systematically prepared the layout for three blading diagrams post high-speed balance/vibration testing.
Mechanical Design Executive October 2013 – September 2014
· Designed 500+ seal rings, blade and dummy rings with their next level assemblies.
· Designed the rotor shaft lock tool as an NPD project.
· Organised the QC documents and was involved in the audit process.
Achievements & Hobbies
· Won the Employee Award for Team Performance for contributing to the MHPS project in 2014.
· Got high-performance ratings from the management for the projects executed for 4 consecutive years.
· Received 100% CSF for 3 years continuously from the clients.
· Won the First prize in a pan-office quiz competition.
· Represented my college and school team for cricket tournaments and received numerous awards.
· Active member of a local futsal team playing regularly in domestic leagues.
· 1-month internship at Vankos & Company (a hydraulic product manufacturing company) in 2012.
· 1-month CAD applications and general engineering at L&T CTEA-Madh, Mumbai in 2013.
· 2-day workshop on Bosch Diesel Fuel Injection System, Gasoline system and vehicle diagnosis in 2012.
B.E. at DAYANANDA SAGAR COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
AISSCE at DELHI PUBLIC SCHOOL, BANGALORE
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER at LARSEN & TOUBRO TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
Working as a Mechanical Design Engineer for a Japanese leading steam turbine manufacturer.