The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program has opened for applications its popular Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream .
Applicants must have a received a Notification of Interest (NOI) from Ontario that is still valid in order to apply, and have a profile registered with the federal Canada Express Entry system.
Is Your NOI Valid?
- NOIs issued before November 1, 2017 are valid for six months or until December 31, 2017 (whichever comes first). You must submit an application for the HCP Stream in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program e-Filing Portal within six months of receiving your NOI.
- NOIs issued after November 1, 2017 are valid for 45 days or until December 31, 2017 (whichever comes first). This means that if you received your NOI after November 1, 2017, you must submit an application for the HCP in the OINP e-Filing Portal within 45 days of receiving your NOI.
- All NOIs issued in 2017 are no longer valid after December 31, 2017.
An OINP statement said: “If your application is approved after the OINP reaches its nomination allocation for 2017, your nomination certificate will be issued in early 2018.
“The OINP is monitoring the intake of applications with respect to the limits of Ontario’s federal nomination allocation. Applicants will be informed when the OINP is no longer accepting applications.”
Applications for the popular OINP Canada Express Entry category, which does not require a job offer, have been on hold since July 2017. Ontario officials took the decision to pause applications following a surge in interest.
- Popular Ontario Immigration Stream Open For Applications
- Ottawa Under Fire to Reign in Immigration Consultants (Audio)
- Ontario Immigration Releases Codes For Targeted OINP Jobs
Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream
Candidates selected for the Human Capital Priorities Stream receive 600 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points under Canada Express Entry, effectively guaranteeing an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
To qualify applicants must have:
- Pending application under the Federal Express Entry system;
- Minimum of 1-year of full time, or full time equivalent work experience under NOC occupation level 0, A or B;
- Canadian equivalent Bachelors degree, Masters degree or PhD;
- Minimum CLB level 7 in IELTS general exam;
- Intention to reside in the Province of Ontario;
- Minimum of 400 points under the Federal Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System.
Status of OINP Streams
|Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry)||Open|
|French-Speaking Skilled Worker (Express Entry)||Open|
|Skilled Trades (Express Entry)||Open|
|Employer Job Offer||Open|
|International Student (Masters Graduate)||Paused (October 12, 2017)|
|International Student (PhD Graduate)||Paused (October 30, 2017)|
|Investor Immigration (Corporate)||Open|
|Investor Immigration (Entrepreneur)||Open|