Canada Immigration Pathways For Qualified Chemical Engineers
Chemical Engineers (NOC 2134) remain sought-after in the Canadian economy despite the move towards targeting technology occupations in recent Canada immigration policy developments.
This means Chemical Engineers are likely to have options in terms of their opportunities for Canada immigration.
Quebec Plans To Cancel 18,000 Immigration Applications, Affecting 50,000
Immigration.ca Livestream: Express Entry, Rural and Northern Pilot and Quebec Immigration
Growing Demand For These Occupations In Montreal
Hundreds of Skilled Trades NOIs Rescinded After Ontario Immigration Error
Chemical Engineer Duties
- Conduct economic and technical feasibility studies in areas related to chemical, petroleum, pulp and paper, food or other processing industries
- Conduct research into the development or improvement of chemical engineering processes, reactions and materials
- Evaluate chemical process technology and equipment and determine production specifications
- Design and test chemical processing and associated plants and equipment
- Oversee the construction, modification, operation and maintenance of pilot plants, processing units or processing plants
- Establish and conduct quality control programs, operating procedures and control strategies to ensure consistency and adherence to standards for raw materials, products and waste products or emissions
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for the process aspects of industrial construction
- Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers
- May work in an administrative capacity, for example, in the development of guidelines and specifications for the handling of dangerous chemicals, environmental protection, or standards for foods, materials and consumer goods.
Competitive salaries are available for Chemical Engineers in Canada, with Calgary the clear leader in terms of peak renumeration, at $140,300.
The other major cities top out at around $120,000, with the best salaries available in Edmonton, Toronto and Vancouver.
Entry-level salaries hover in the $70,000 to $75,000 range, with Calgary again topping out at $76,700 for qualified newcomers to the position.
How Immigration.ca Can Help Chemical Engineers Move to Canada
At immigration.ca we offer our international clients top to bottom assistance in both immigration and employment.
We provide individual Global Talent Stream work permit candidates with:
- Comprehensive job search service through our in-house recruitment enterprises, skilledworker.com and grnmontreal.com.
- Contacts to 500 Canadian employers.
- Live face-to-face tutorial on how to harness the power of LinkedIn.
- Expert advice on revising online profiles to maximise hiring opportunities.
Once candidates are in Canada and working through the GTS, they can apply for permanent residence through Express Entry or an applicable provincial nomination program (PNP).
Immigration.ca will maximize your chances with:
- Expert advice on how to maximize your profile score in the Express Entry Pool.
- Strategies on which areas of your profile could be improved to increase your score.
- Targeting provincial Express Entry streams that may be looking for candidates like you.
- Exploring the full range of Canada immigration options, both within and outside Express Entry.
How We Can Help Employers Looking To Hire Chemical Engineers
If you are an employer looking to recruit foreign talent from abroad, immigration.ca can help. Access our expertise through our in-house recruitment enterprises, www.grnmontreal.com and our newest asset, www.skilledworker.com, “the leader in foreign recruitment”.
From technology workers in British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec, Long-haul truck drivers in the Prairies and doctors in Nova Scotia we are able and ready to help with your search for the right staff to get your business grow.