Saskatchewan’s popular Canada Express Entry category opened on July 5, 2018.
The International Skilled Worker – Saskatchewan Express Entry stream is accepting 500 applications against its 2018 limit of 2,600. It closed again less than 24 hours later.
The category is aimed at skilled workers who wish to live and work in Saskatchewan, have a profile in the Canada Express Entry Pool and meet specific criteria.
Candidates must pay a non-refundable $300 fee on submitting their application.
Who is Eligible for Saskatchewan’s Express Entry Stream?
Candidates from outside Canada, or with legal status in Canada, qualify for this Saskatchewan immigration category, provided they are not a refugee claimant.
Additionally, candidates must:
- Have a profile in the Canada Express Entry Pool and a job seeker validation code.
- Score a minimum of 60 points out of 100 on the SINP grid.
- Provide valid language test results from a designated testing agency. The results should match what you declared in your Express Entry profile.
- Have completed at least one year of post-secondary education, training or apprenticeship that’s comparable to the Canadian education system. You should have earned a diploma, certificate or degree.
- Have at least one of the following:
- One year of work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled profession (non-trades);
- Two years of work experience in a skilled trade in the past five years; or
- One year of work experience in Canada in the past three years (trades and non-trades).
- Have work experience in a high skilled occupation in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 0, A or B considered in demand in Saskatchewan.
- Prove you are eligible for a license in Saskatchewan, where your profession is regulated, or a skilled trade. For skilled trades, a certificate is required from the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission.
- Have proof of settlement funds and a settlement plan.
What Are Saskatchewan’s Occupations in Demand?
|National Occupation Classification (NOC)||Occupations|
|2147||Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)|
|2173||Software engineers and designers|
|2175||Web designers and developers|
|3215||Medical Radiation Technologists|
|4212||Social and community service workers|
|4214||Early childhood educators and assistants|
|3211||Medical laboratory technologists|
|4162||Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts|
|2123||Agricultural representatives, consultants and specialists|
|2242||Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)|
|7201||Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations|
|7204||Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades|
|7312||Heavy-duty equipment mechanics|
|7321||Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics|
|7322||Motor vehicle body repairers|
|7384||Recreation Vehicle Service|
|0822||Managers in horticulture|
|2225||Landscape and horticulture technicians and specialists|
|8252||Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers|
|0821||Managers in agriculture|
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.