40th 2018 French Speaking Skilled Worker Draw Conducted By Ontario
The 40th draw of 2018 aimed at French Speaking Skilled Worker candidates has been conducted by Ontario immigration.
Draw number 40 was conducted on November 15 and saw Notifications of Interest for Ontario immigration issued to 44 candidates.
To be considered in the draw, applicants needed to have submitted profiles to the federal Express Entry Pool between January 1 and November 15, 2018.
Ontario immigration has now issued NOIs to 1,476 candidates under the FSSW stream in 2018.
There is no minimum points requirement for the stream. Candidates must have a minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark 7 in French and 6 in English to qualify.
Ontario recently announced it had reached its nomination allocation of 6,600 candidates for 2018.
Candidates now being issued with Notifications of Interest will be nominated under the 2019 allocation, if their applications are successful.
What Are The Details of The Latest FSSW Stream Draws?
|Date||NOIs Issued||Express Entry profile submission date|
|15-Nov-18||44||Jan 1 to Nov 15 2018|
What Are The Requirements For The Ontario Express Entry: French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream?
To qualify applicants must have:
- Pending application under the Federal Express Entry system;
- Minimum of 1-year of full time, or full time equivalent work experience under NOC occupation level 0, A or B;
- Canadian equivalent Bachelors degree, Masters degree or PhD;
- Minimum CLB level 7 in TEF exam (French); AND minimum CLB 6 in IELTS exam (English)
- Intention to reside in the Province of Ontario.
The OINP began publishing information about specific draws at the beginning of 2018.
There have now been 40 French Speaking Skilled Worker draws in 2018.
Ontario has also conducted several Human Capital Priorities, Skilled Trades and Entrepreneur Stream draws this year.
However, since, the beginning of August, the major focus has been on the FSSW stream, with 16 out of 18 draws targeted at Francophones.
The two non-FSSW draw were for candidates with a job offer under the Human Capital Priorities stream and through the Skilled Trades stream.
Ontario NOIs Issued So Far in 2018
|Human Capital Priorities Stream (HCP)||3,534|
|French Speaking Skilled Worker Stream (FSSW)||1,476|
|Skilled Trades Stream (ST)||1,445|
The OINP is currently accepting applications for all but one of its immigration streams.
Status of Ontario Streams
|Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry)||Open|
|French-Speaking Skilled Worker (Express Entry)||Open|
|Skilled Trades (Express Entry)||Open|
|Employer Job Offer||Open|
|International Student (Masters Graduate)||Closed|
|International Student (PhD Graduate)||Open|
|Investor Immigration (Corporate)||Open|
|Investor Immigration (Entrepreneur)||Open|
You might also like
- Lower Minimum Scores, 743 Invited In New Saskatchewan Draw
- Weekly French Speaking Skilled Worker Draws Continue In Ontario
- More Than 500 Invited In Latest Saskatchewan Expression of Interest Draw
- New Draw Under Popular Human Capital Priorities Stream Conducted By Ontario